1. If you don’t like how something is being done, make noise, walk out and go do it better yourself.
2. See bullshit from several miles away. Go on a rampage about the “bull-shit” and call people out. Preferably on Twitter.
3. Laugh and be condescending towards the n00bs trying to bring people together and unite under a “big tent” as if thousands before them have not tried the same thing with little success.
4. Speak up on conference calls just to address racism, sexism, heterosexism, homophobia, fat-phobia, able-ism and other forms of discrimination. Never sweep it under the rug. Don’t really bother to speak about material details of the conference call.
5. Get thrown out and banned from spaces you have created and spaces that need you.
6. Embrace the pejoratives: divisive, angry, “petulant child” and “in your face lesbian.”
7. Be real: if it looks and tastes like piss, it is piss.
8. Talk and vent with other jaded people to share notes and heal from the collective everyday trauma together.
9. Spend time writing blog posts like this so everyone else can laugh and heal.