Fiji-Indian. Radical. Forced Migrant. Juris Doctor. Reluctant Dreamer. Undocumented. Unafraid. Unapologetic. Unashamed.
Our greatest fear is that when we die we will become nothing. Many of us believe that our entire existence is only a life span beginning the moment we are born or conceived and ending the moment we die. We believe that we are born from nothing and when we die we become nothing. And so we are filled with fear of annihilation.
Birth and death are notions. They are not real. The fact that we think they are true makes a powerful illusion that causes our suffering. There is no birth; there is no death; there is no coming; there is no going; there is no same; there is no different; there is no permanent self; there is no annihilation. We only think there is. When we understand that we cannot be destroyed, we are liberated from fear. It is a great relief. We can enjoy life and appreciate it in a new way.
Thich Nhat Hanh (via baljinderkaur)
- p--entacle reblogged this from baljinderkaur
- p--entacle likes this
- malevolentdesires likes this
- hospital-0f-hope likes this
- hsbutoy likes this
- blcaaarens likes this
- babbarsherni likes this
- highinthetreez likes this
- wonderful-eternal-self reblogged this from baljinderkaur
- idreamofcastles likes this
- d-10th reblogged this from intoxicateddreams-
- intoxicateddreams- reblogged this from 5thblackhippy
- 5thblackhippy reblogged this from baljinderkaur
- inter-locution reblogged this from queerdesi
- inter-locution likes this
- queerdesi reblogged this from baljinderkaur
- baljinderkaur posted this